2 Corinthians 12: 7-10 –So to keep me from becoming
conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was
given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from
becoming conceited. Three times I pleaded
with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient
for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore, I will boast all
the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon
me. For the sake of Christ, then I am
content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
Wow. Reading this passage this morning was just what I
needed to sink my teeth into. I am
always skeptical to compare my “hardships” with others’. However, the past few weeks in my student
teaching semester, I have been feeling the need to work on accepting
humility. In the teaching field, and
especially as a student teacher, there is never an “I have made it” point. There will always be areas to say, “I could
have done this better or I should have handled the situation this way.” I have found myself, however, discontent with
my performance. I am often critical of
myself, but in the past I have given myself grace knowing that I am only a
student. I wondered if the problem was
that I did not see myself as student anymore. Or maybe I just was not meant to
be a teacher for little children? These
have been some of my thoughts as of late.
Paul tells the Corinthians that he will boast all the more
gladly in his weaknesses so that the power of Christ will rest upon him. My weaknesses are not the same as Paul’s
weaknesses, but I still can apply what he says to my own life and current
experiences. I want to see my failings
in all areas as an opportunity to allow Christ’s power to rest upon me. I am shifting my mind to be content in my
weakness with the hope that with Christ’s power, what I put my hand to can
succeed. With that mindset, I, all the
more naturally and eagerly, can give all the glory and praise to Whom it
rightfully belongs.
No comments:
Post a Comment